Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    After kind of taking a bit of time to recharge myself, I'm trying to start getting back around here more and trying to get things fixed or at least let us know how to fix certain things on here.

    I find that a few of the tools that I had and used aren't around or at least I haven't found them yet, but my screen(s) were different than most of the users. If you have things that aren't right, things that seem off, you would like to see, that you had before and don't know or whatever the case is, please post them on here with the best explanations you can. If you want to PM me something that you notice that is off that you might not want exploited or anything, you can do that too.

    I'm very rough on the features we have at the moment, so the learning curve is still coming for me, but as we're heading down the end of the year as far as sports go, I want to be ready for fall.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    Personally, I think getting the other forums back would be a huge help. A lot of people for whatever reason still cant find this place, I'm asked once a week or so where is it, why did it shutdown or whatever.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    Old Timers Forum, Men's Forum, Religious Forum, Political Forum, all those I wish were back.......

    Other than that, I am pretty happy, and maybe get some of our old users back, I know it is a dead period and more will come out of the woodworks come August, but it just seemed even in the down times it was fuller than what it is now.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    I'd still like to see who's online....if you can in this version, I've been too stupid to find it as of yet.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    Who's online can be found by clicking on Quick links (tool bar near the top almost all the way to the right). It's 2nd from the bottom of the menu. Only problem is it shows who's online on all forums, not just this one.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    I know....what I meant was one like the old one that showed just this forum.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    I'd like to know how to get imported off my name.


    And now whenever I click on a thread it starts me over at the beginning instead of the last reply from my previous login. I don't know if that's fixable or what it just makes it easier not to have to re-read through what I've read to find the newest replies.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    When I come here and I don't have time to check the sports and non-sports pages everything gets marked as read. for instance if I come and check out the non-sports section and leave the next time I check back threads that had new post in the sports section are marked as read and I never visited the forum the last time I was here.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    When I come here and I don't have time to check the sports and non-sports pages everything gets marked as read. for instance if I come and check out the non-sports section and leave the next time I check back threads that had new post in the sports section are marked as read and I never visited the forum the last time I was here.
    You could go to Quick Links and click on Today's Posts. That might help get around that.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Forum-fixes, ideas, suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_smarty View Post
    I'd like to know how to get imported off my name.
    You can go to the help desk (link at the top) and post, and they'll fix it, or at least that's what they did before when the board got back online.

    I think I mentioned it right after the forum opened back up, but there's still probably many who don't know about that or couldn't login with their old accounts (whether its because of the imported part or something else). Figured it would be a good idea to make a note about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •